Hygiene is now more important than ever, and it’s not just personal – it’s everything we touch and we need to ensure we’re doing all that we can to stop the spread of germs, and therefore maintain a clean, safe environment not only for ourselves, but for those around us too. This disease is known to be able to survive on hard surfaces for hours, so everything we touch could be hotbeds for it. In this article we’ve compiled a list of must do’s for your caravan and motorhome, to ensure the safety of those who take it out on the open road when it’s safe to do so.
Research has shown that we are up to four times more likely to catch the flu from using an iPhone, than sitting in the same room as someone who is infected. We check our phones very often, and if we combine this with poor hand hygiene, a smartphone is the perfect place for a virus to reside.
Use a Microfiber Cloth
Microfiber cloths make sure you collect dust, and anything else that should not be living inside your caravan. Just by using this type of cloth and water, it removes 98.9% of bacteria from smooth surfaces. Use the cloth, water, and a strong cleaning solution to wipe down any smooth surfaces inside your caravan, including counter tops, window sills, taps, handles and anything that has been touched quite regularly.
Your Own Cleaning Solution
It can be difficult to know which cleaning solution to buy, because there is an extensive range. Because of this, you could just make your own! All you need is water and alcohol – 60% water and 40% rubbing alcohol to be precise. Put the two in a bottle or a jar – you could always use an old spray bottle (this is more efficient and you’re reusing plastic!). Apply the solution to your cloth and wipe down your caravan’s interior.
Disinfectant wipes are incredibly easy to use and are very inexpensive to buy. They are designed to destroy bacteria, fungi, and viruses a few minutes after application. They also prevent new bacteria from forming. This is because disinfectants act on microorganisms and therefore kill germs. Make sure you look at the small print on each pack you view, as they’re not all the same. It’s also handy to have an extra pack of disinfectant wipes when you’re on your travels, just as a precaution and if a quick solution is required.
While this might seem like a given, it’s important to vacuum loose dirt before it travels all throughout your caravan or motorhome. Just because we can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there! We know what it takes to look after and maintain your travel companion, and a good, solid cleaning routine is one of them!
Cleaning is a chore, that many of us wish we could avoid, but a regular routine means it saves you an even bigger job further down the line when the dust has suddenly tripled, and your upholstery isn’t feeling or smelling too good. We’ve compiled a short lost of cleaning hacks for your caravan or motorhome, both inside and out so you can constantly bask in the glory of a clean, refreshing caravan when you’re on your travels.
· Use specific cleaning products, such as polish to give your caravan / motorhome a shine on the fibreglass
· Use acrylic window polish to clean the windows as this is more effective than glass cleaner products
· Clean the roof by using shampoo or your preferred cleaning solution, and apply to the end of a long handled brush or mop that you are using
· Wipe using horizontal strokes
· Never use washing up liquid to clean your caravan or motorhome
· Use a toothbrush to get into small nooks and crannies such as roof lights and use a damp cloth to remove the dirt and residue
Interior Cleaning Tips for Your Caravan or Motorhome
· Use undiluted orange squash down plug holes in your caravan or motorhome as this should clear any unwanted smells
· For motorhomes, some have a corrugated tube as the waste pipe and this can trap debris. Use a sink plunger to help wash out the dirt
· For any carpet stains, rubbing alcohol (clear vodka to be specific) is effective in removing and reducing stains
· For the shower, use baking soda and vinegar to rinse through thoroughly
· For the microwave, steam the microwave with a fresh lemon, or lemon oil
Open 24hr's a day, 7 days a week. Shop with Venture Caravans online and with confidence, through our eBay store. We are eBay top-rated and a Power seller.Shop now
Venture are now firmly established as one of the leading caravan dealers in the country with a wealth of experience and knowledge. Find out how it all started.More info